Art Lessons and Workshops
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in these workshops, know anyone who might be interested, or have questions!
Hi friends, Rex here. I'm currently looking for people In the Rexburg area who would like to attend a two hour oil painting workshop.
I am also looking for people who would like to host a session in their home and could accommodate 3-4 additional people.
For the host the workshop is free, for all others the workshop is $25.
I would like to hold these workshops once a week, however if someone cannot host every week we could rotate houses as needed. Please see the list below for all currently scheduled workshops:
Saturday, April 27th
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Rexburg (full address will be given after registration)
Please email email@example.com to register
If there's something specific you are interested in learning or doing, please let me know. Here are some of the common questions we may discuss in these workshops as we get started:
- Why does my painting look amateurish?
- What are common amateur mistakes?
- Why do my colors look off?
- How do I go about mixing color, how do I make it easier and what should my thought process be when doing so?
- Why does my painting look weak, and how can I make it stronger?
- What are Values, why are they more vital than color?
- How can I translate the light I see in front of me into paint on a canvas?
- How do you key a painting?
- How do I make my painting work together as a whole?
- What is color harmony, how does it work, how do you achieve it, and why is it so vital to the success of my painting?
- What is meant by the tone of the painting, and why is it important to paint in tones, rather than color in order to achieve a realistic painting?
- How do I turn a photograph into something better?
- How do I manipulate value to enhance the goal or subject of my painting?
- What are the rules and when should I break them?
- What is color temperature and why is it important?
- When should I through out all the rules and paint by feel?
- How do I learn to "see" like an artist?
- What makes a good shape, and why are they so important in a painting?
The list could go on and on! Below are some of the general principles we will discuss as well:
- Design/Shape Design
- Skewing value and color intensity scales
- Color Intensity vs Harmony
- Focal points/areas
- Dominance and Subordinance
- Hard and Soft
- Thick and Thin
- Lost and broken edges
- Keeping it simple/strong
- "For the good of the whole"
- Value and Color Vibration/Charm
Again, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in hosting or attending one of these two hour workshops or if you have any questions!